Kevin Durant has quitted the coming NBA All-Star Game to take place at State Farm Arena in Atlanta, Georgia, on March 7.
This was announced by the Brooklyn Nets on Friday.
Earlier this month, Kevin Durant suffered a left hamstring strain, and he underwent a follow-up MRI.
Coach Steve Nash has said more patience is needed for the 32-year-old to return to full health.
“In the second round of imaging, there was less bleeding, so it was clearer to just be cautious. We’ll monitor Kevin appropriately and make sure we get him back playing at the level he was playing at when he went out,” said Nash.
“Part of it is Mother Nature, and just figuring out the course of rehab and then ramping him back up when he is healthy enough so that he doesn’t come back prematurely.” Nash continued.
There will be a re-evaluation on Durant after the All-Star break.
So far, he has missed nine of the Nets’ last 10 games. Nets Big 3, Durant, James Harden, and Kyrie Irving have only featured together seven times.
“It obviously sucks not having Kevin on the floor with us, but with that being said, we want him to be able to be 100-percent sure that he’s able to be out there and be healthy,” said Nets’ center DeAndre Jordan.
The Nets have three fixtures left before the All-Star break, against the Dallas Mavericks at home plus two away fixtures at San Antonio Spurs and the Houston Rockets.
Reports have predicted that Kevin Durant might be absent from all of them.